Part two in the six-part blog series for the Macola 10.4 release:
- 10.4 Overview
- Workspaces 2.0
- Financial Consolidation & Accounting
- Automated Workflows
- Business Intelligence & Forecasting
To recap, the 10.4 release provides enhancements and functionalities that continue Macola 10’s promise of new core business functions, streamlined activity and process management, and a more robust and personalized user experience.
In all, Macola 10.4 boasts 51 new features that empower you to collect more meaningful data, provide more powerful business intelligence with greater actionable insights, and enable decision making to reduce expenses, improve efficiencies and increase profits.
But, let’s get back to workspaces...
Reinventing workspaces. More customizable for your needs.
Macola 10.4 includes 42 out-of-the-box, role-based, ready-made workspaces. The new functionality provides users more freedom and control in their day-to-day business operations.
The concept of workspaces and personalized user experience has been a main pillar of Macola since the release of Macola 10. In the new release, workspace functionality is enhanced and ingrained into the overall architecture, enabling users more freedom and control to create their own experience. Configurable menus are now available in even more places and are able to be used in new and different ways.
New 10.4 features and functionality incorporated into Workspaces 2.0
- Add Workspace Widgets to homepage to create your own workspace and customize your web parts utilizing the same SSRS technology used in the standard workspaces. For example, here is the new Macola web part:
Step 2 - Create personalized menus on webparts:
Step 3 - Drag and drop webparts to build your own workspace:
- Open configurable menu links in a modal window (light box) so that you don’t have to navigate away from your workspace:
- Configurable menus have been added to transaction and maintenance screens! This allows you to configure actions while doing data entry for quick access to pertinent data or for initiating related processes:
- A new menu action type – Transaction - has been added. This allows transactional actions to be performed right from a workspace rather than having to open a screen to perform the transaction. (In this release only “credit hold release” is available):
- Ability to add aggregate data across multiple divisions for specific workspaces. For example, you can select multiple divisions and see all of your receivables across all divisions: